Register to Judge at The Downtown
Join us at The Downtown
- We’re asking attorneys and law students to judge ONE trial on January 20, 21 or 22. Each trial lasts approximately 2.5 – 3 hours and includes a mandatory 30 minute orientation.
- Sat, 1/20 – report at 9:30 AM or 2:00 PM
- Sun, 1/21 – report at 9:30 AM or 2:00 PM
- Mon, 1/22 – report at 8:15 AM
- Attorneys can earn 3 non-transitional CLE credits in the category of skills for judging (we can’t offer more than 3 credits, even if you judge multiple trials).
- The program is hosting approximately 175 students from 18 universities, including Harvard, Yale, Columbia and NYU, among others.
- The trials are held at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (500 Pearl Street).
- Volunteers will either serve as a presiding judge or scoring juror, and will provide students with both written and oral feedback.
- Complimentary food will be served!
Hear what prior judges have to say about Empire and its students…
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP
Empire NY 2010 - 2016
Empire SF 2014 - 2016
Empire ATL 2015 - 2016
THE DOWNTOWN REGISTRATION FORM
Directions: Please complete all of the fields below. If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected] or 646-481-2332.
If possible, please sign-up to judge Round 3 on Sunday morning, and please do not sign-up to judge Round 1 on Saturday morning.