Empire interns work with our Leadership Team and alumni to support the organization as it prepares for its fall programs. All interns are expected to work at least three (3) hours per week.
Roles & Responsibilities
Though responsibilities vary, we have provided some of the tasks that you might be working on as a summer intern below:
- Development (fundraising) – call prospective donors and share your Empire story.
- Marketing – call prospective schools and share your Empire story.
- Judge Recruitment – contact legal organizations and attorneys.
- Event Planning – coordinate logistics for one of our fall programs.
- Participate in Empire webinars
The ideal candidate is:
- A recent Empire alumnus or alumna;
- Passionate about Empire’s work;
- Confident communicating with individuals over the phone;
- Interested in volunteering over the summer and possibly beyond;
- Focused, organized and committed;
- A creative problem solver;
- One who is just as comfortable working independently as in a team setting.
- Connect with fellow Empire alumni;
- Receive recommendation and/or reference letter(s) for future employer(s);
- Opportunity to serve as Blue Shirt at fall program of your choice.